Wet Wash Cloth/Chuck E. Cheese
So after 12 days of sun and spring temps, we're now back to the normal "razor blade" weather of the Pittsburgh area. I gotta get out of this dump.
Still got out for some quality road miles today. 3+ hours and 56 miles. Got rained on of course and a bit frozen... AGAIN! But Lodi Farms is coming up on the 14/15th so I gotta get my hours in, yet not over train or get sick. Felt like a cold, wet washcloth by the end. NOT good.
1. Big ass turkey flying right in front of me going down Saxonburg Rd. They're unusually graceful flyers. And huge! MMMMMMMMMM turkey.
2. 44.5 MPH on a down hill. I don't know how the pros go even faster! NUTZ!
3. Friendly woman on a townie exchanged good mornings. No helmet but Orange hunting cap. Sweet!
1. Pick up trucks with American Flags on the back window are to be avoided. Not sure they're fond of skinny, spandex-wearing cyclists. And mini vans with soccer ball stickers/Yellow/Pink/RedWhite and Blue ribbon magnets. "Über Mom" is never paying attention and always comes too close for comfort. Oh yeah, old people suck too. They tailgate FORever and then honk when they pass. Good honk? Bad Honk? I don't know it's just sucks.
2. Deer road kill, sans head. NICE SPINAL COLUMN!
3. Car with windshield sticker that just said: BITCH (you know I want one)
4. Truck with sticker that said: REDNECK In the same font as NO FEAR stickers. (Funny, I thought NO FEAR stickers did say REDNECK).
5. Hair salon called "The Barbara Shop"! Barbara should be ashamed of herself.
Had to book home from ride to shower and make way to Monroeville for nephew's
B-Day party at Chuck E. Cheese. Surprsingly the pizza wasn't bad. B-Man and Wifey came a little late but B. had a great time on the sliding board, etc. Kid that worked there reminded me of DK's cousin-in-law that looks like Lupas/Lucas whatever from the Bad News Bears. Made mucho Mexican Del J-Man tonight. Enter one "Dutch Oven" for Wifey tonight. HA! sorry.
Other: Got the new Beck and the new Stereolab 3 cd/1dvd box set.
reviews to follow.