Sunday R & R: Yum-O
After yesterday's 3 hour spin I just hung out with Papa-M, B-Man today and adding to my winter layer by eating some bad ass homemade Pizza rolls my sister cooked up. "Yum-O" as R. Ray would say.
Going to gym at lunch tomorrow and sign up and then will return in evening to start my AA phase of training. Oct. 31st = 2006!!! F*** Yeah!!! This is my first forray into "gym culture" so I'm sure I'll have some stories.
Goals for 06 are going to be:
- Build more muscular endurance and extend my lactic theshold.
- Do more races, both endurance and XC, using XC races as a training tool to try to get faster.
- Improve my night riding skills by, you guessed it DOING more night riding
- Try to stay healthier while maintaining my weight. Last year I lost around 10 lbs over winter but I was sick ALL the time. So I'm adjusting my diet, eating good fats, lean proteins from chicken, turkey, egg whites, learn red meat, whole grains and taking a multi vitamin.
- Do more outside when possible even if I'm forced to ride the rail trail.
- Stay mentaly focused through the winter and the season. I'd like to do some reading up on sports phsychology to help stay focused throughout my training and the races too.
- Hit the box more than once in 2006.
- Have fun. It's only bike racing. Missing a day riding or training won't kill my efforts. When it comes down to it I'm just riding my bike. For a long time... and it freaking rocks!