The Wait Continues...
First I'm going to wait another day to ride outside. Still rocking the head cold thing and in 39 degrees, I thought it best to wait it out one more day, so I'll just spin on the trainer again. It's supposed to be a little warmer tomorrow, so maybe I'll see if I can get some time in the woods on the Dos Niner.
Found out today that it's probably going to be a good while until I get the Mamasita. Frames are filtering in, but not enough for the team, so it looks like the first 2 races will most likely be strictly on the Dos Niner. I just need be patient and hope the Dos Niner rolls well solo through the 13 hours down in Leesburg. Hopeully I'll be on the Mamasita by the Mohican 100 on June 2nd.
Racing on the Dos Niner rocks. I'm more worried about training on it AND racing on it. Not worried about the frame, but I've gotten used to having two bikes in the stable during the season to spread around the wear and tare that racing and training puts on the parts.
At least I have a whole box full of parts and wheels sitting in my basement that I can get on the Dos Niner if needed. I guess this will give me a chance to actually pay for the parts and some races before I fork out any more dough.
Maybe I should have went with the 07 Dos for the race bike and used the 06 for the training miles. Grrrrr, my lust for the lighter, hard tail Mamasita is too strong ;)
The weather, this head cold, the trainer, the waiting. It'll all work it's self out, but damn, I'm getting anxious.