Routine of Suckage
Last night I got the road bike all set for a ride ride today. Tires pumped, computer cleared, bottles ready. Then as thoughts of traffic, and the same old roads filled my head, I said "ah f*ck it, the dirt beckons". So I ditched the road bike, grabbed the Mamasita and was geeked to hit dirt after work today.
20 minutes after I got the Mamasita ready, I came up to the rumpus room to check e-mail and shut the Mac down for the night. I double checked the weather for today. 60% chance of strong thunder storms with gusting wind and hail in the a.m. and afternoon. WHAT?? I dropped an atomic mental "F-bomb" and plunged into an unholy funk. I tried to tell myself "Hey there's a 40% chance they're full of shit". Right?
Ahh- NO! Woke up at 6:30 to light rain and by 8 a.m. B-Man was running in the kitchen to tell me that his cartoons were being interrupted "with that thing that comes on and says it's going to rain really bad!" Yeah, that would be the N.W.S. issuing a storm warning via the E.B.S. on the T.V. That all left me feeling a bit J.A.C.K.E.D. O.F.F. to say the least. Not only because it was going to suck missing a planned ride, but more because it was gonna suck for the trails at Boyce Park that the P.T.A.G. folks just did a ton of work on. If we're lucky the heavy stuff missed the Monoroeville area.
In any event I ditched the ride all together. And of course the rain mostly cleared out in the late a.m. and the afternoon storms never materialized. Sure, I could shot home grabbed my gear and made it out for a ride of some sorts, but I'm a creature of habit to a medicated fault. The "ride routine" was ruined in my eyes. That and I structure my eating and hydrating during the day around the ride. Today being non ride day found me drinking less water and eating snacks higher in protein and lower in carbohydrates and calories. So I was pretty ravenous by the time I got home. This week does have me cutting the hours back a bit to get some mojo back in the meat sticks so it's not that big a deal. Tomorrow looks to be rain free at least, so I'm sure I'll get some saddle time in.
So tonight I'll ride the couch, cruise the Net and fire up the grill. 'Cause that's my non ride routine for a Tuesday night.
Are you ready Eddie?? It's a Direct Hit!